There are groups of women whose members lead a secluded life , away from noise and publicity. They spend part · of their time in prayers, devotion and missionary work; and the rest of the time in profitable occupations, which allow them to earn a living. They are the nuns and sisters who belong to the various religious orders in Lebanon .
Download data is not yet available.
Most read articles by the same author(s)
- Rose Ghurayyib, Importance of Documentation in the Arab World , Al-Raida Journal: Importance of Documentation in the Arab World - February 1978 - Issue 3
- Rose Ghurayyib, Never Married Women , Al-Raida Journal: Never Married Women - Spring 1991 - Issue 53
- Rose Ghurayyib, Bahraini Women and Education , Al-Raida Journal: Women of Bahrain - August 1986 - Issue 37
- Rose Ghurayyib, Jerusalem and I, by Hala Sakakini , Al-Raida Journal: Women Contributing to a Better World - Fall 1991 - Issue 55
- Rose Ghurayyib, Where Woman Work Is Needed , Al-Raida Journal: Women in Charge - August 1990 - Issue 50
- Rose Ghurayyib, Wafa Stephan, National Conference of the Lebanese Women's Council 23-4-1983 , Al-Raida Journal: Women’s Participation in Development - August 1983 - Issue 25
- Rose Ghurayyib, Information and Propaganda , Al-Raida Journal: 1984, The Beginning of a New World Communication Order? - February 1984 - Issues 27-28
- Rose Ghurayyib, Sexuality and War, By Evelyne Accad , Al-Raida Journal: Basic Education and Female Drop-Out in the Arab World - Summer 1992 - Issue 54
- Rose Ghurayyib, Women's Psychology , Al-Raida Journal: Women’s Psychology - February 1988 - Issue 43
- Rose Ghurayyib, Woman Through 17 Stories , Al-Raida Journal: 1984, The Beginning of a New World Communication Order? - February 1984 - Issues 27-28
- Reem Maghribi, Youmna Makhlouf, Family Law Reform in Lebanon: A Strategic Role for Transnational Islamic Feminism , Al-Raida Journal: Vol. 44 No. 2 (2020): Islamic Feminism
- Nicole Khoury, (Re)defining the First Mark of Development: Lebanese Feminist Discourse in Al-Raida, 1976–1985 , Al-Raida Journal: Vol. 42 No. 2 (2018)
- Mehrinaz El Awady, Parental Policies: A Catalyst for Gender Equality in the Arab Region , Al-Raida Journal: Vol. 42 No. 2 (2018)
- Connie Christiansen , Islamic feminism and Arab family laws: Increasing the Impact? , Al-Raida Journal: Vol. 44 No. 2 (2020): Islamic Feminism
- Safa El Naili, The Contribution of Female Writers in the Libyan Post Arab Spring: The Voice of Azza Al-Maghour’s Short Stories , Al-Raida Journal: Vol. 43 No. 1 (2019)
- Heba El-Shazli, Women’s Work in Civil Society Organizations , Al-Raida Journal: Arab Women in Civil Society - Spring/Summer 2002 - Issues 97-98
- Dr. Kamel Abu Jaber, Women's Work in Jordan , Al-Raida Journal: Why a Women’s Liberation Movement? - May 1981 - Issue 16
- Najla Husni, Edma Bayouth , Al-Raida Journal: Women and Health - February 1980 - Issue 11
- Abla Nuwais, Balancing Women's Roles at Work and at Home , Al-Raida Journal: Arab Women in Management - Spring 1995 - Issue 69
- Akram Zaatari, Myriam Sfeir, Questionnaire for Women Film and Video Makers , Al-Raida Journal: Arab Women and Cinema - Summer/Fall 1999 - Issues 86-87
You may also start an advanced similarity search for this article.