There are groups of women whose members lead a secluded life , away from noise and publicity. They spend part · of their time in prayers, devotion and missionary work; and the rest of the time in profitable occupations, which allow them to earn a living. They are the nuns and sisters who belong to the various religious orders in Lebanon .
Download data is not yet available.
Most read articles by the same author(s)
- Rose Ghurayyib, Women and Art, in past and present , Al-Raida Journal: Woman Artist - May/August 1988 - Issues 44-45
- Rose Ghurayyib, Mayy Ziadeh (1886-1941) , Al-Raida Journal: Women and Television - February 1989 - Issue 47
- Rose Ghurayyib, Eugenism in Theory and Practice , Al-Raida Journal: Women’s Psychology - February 1988 - Issue 43
- Rose Ghurayyib, Iman Khalifeh , Al-Raida Journal: Women and War in Lebanon - November 1984 - Issue 30
- Rose Ghurayyib, A Brief Look at the Lebanese Family Planning Association (LEPA) , Al-Raida Journal: Women and Television - February 1989 - Issue 47
- Rose Ghurayyib, Women in Management , Al-Raida Journal: Women in Management - February 1990 - Issue 48
- Rose Ghurayyib, Art, Science and Women , Al-Raida Journal: Women and Work - February 1987 - Issue 39
- Rose Ghurayyib, Women's Integration in Development an Imperative of our Time , Al-Raida Journal: Equality Development and Peace - November 1985 - Issue 34
- Rose Ghurayyib, Mother's Day and Women's Day , Al-Raida Journal: International Women’s Day - Spring 1992 - Issue 57
- Rose Ghurayyib, Gilberte Abu Jaudeh: A pioneer nurse in the field of public health , Al-Raida Journal: Women in Management - February 1990 - Issue 48
- Reem Maghribi, Youmna Makhlouf, Family Law Reform in Lebanon: A Strategic Role for Transnational Islamic Feminism , Al-Raida Journal: Vol. 44 No. 2 (2020): Islamic Feminism
- Nicole Khoury, (Re)defining the First Mark of Development: Lebanese Feminist Discourse in Al-Raida, 1976–1985 , Al-Raida Journal: Vol. 42 No. 2 (2018)
- Mehrinaz El Awady, Parental Policies: A Catalyst for Gender Equality in the Arab Region , Al-Raida Journal: Vol. 42 No. 2 (2018)
- Connie Christiansen , Islamic feminism and Arab family laws: Increasing the Impact? , Al-Raida Journal: Vol. 44 No. 2 (2020): Islamic Feminism
- Safa El Naili, The Contribution of Female Writers in the Libyan Post Arab Spring: The Voice of Azza Al-Maghour’s Short Stories , Al-Raida Journal: Vol. 43 No. 1 (2019)
- Heba El-Shazli, Women’s Work in Civil Society Organizations , Al-Raida Journal: Arab Women in Civil Society - Spring/Summer 2002 - Issues 97-98
- Dr. Kamel Abu Jaber, Women's Work in Jordan , Al-Raida Journal: Why a Women’s Liberation Movement? - May 1981 - Issue 16
- Najla Husni, Edma Bayouth , Al-Raida Journal: Women and Health - February 1980 - Issue 11
- Abla Nuwais, Balancing Women's Roles at Work and at Home , Al-Raida Journal: Arab Women in Management - Spring 1995 - Issue 69
- Akram Zaatari, Myriam Sfeir, Questionnaire for Women Film and Video Makers , Al-Raida Journal: Arab Women and Cinema - Summer/Fall 1999 - Issues 86-87
You may also start an advanced similarity search for this article.