AbstractWhen asked where I am from, I tend to hesitate in responding. I do not know where I am from nor do I think I am alone in this situation. I was born in Lebanon, grew up in Switzerland, and pursued my college education in the United States. Although I lived abroad, I was lucky in that I still had the opportunity to return to Lebanon regularly for holidays. This is the first time since I was seven, that I have spent more than four weeks in my 'home' country.
Download data is not yet available.
Most read articles by the same author(s)
- Lina Alameddine, "I Am At Home Everywhere And Nowhere. I Am Never A Stranger, Yet I Never Quite Belong" , Al-Raida Journal: Women in Agriculture - Fall 1997 - Issue 79
- Lina Alameddine, My Feminism , Al-Raida Journal: Arab Countries and CEDAW - Spring 1998 - Issues 80-81
- Lina Alameddine, The Forgotten Queens of Islam , Al-Raida Journal: Arab Countries and CEDAW - Spring 1998 - Issues 80-81
- Lina Alameddine, Organizing Women: Formal and Informal Women's Groups in the Middle East , Al-Raida Journal: Women in Agriculture - Fall 1997 - Issue 79
- Azza Charara Baydoun, Family Violence in Men’s Accounts: Implications for Action , Al-Raida Journal: Vol. 42 No. 2 (2018)
- Awatef Ketiti, Body, Gender, and Power Problematics Manifested in Arab Revolutions , Al-Raida Journal: Arab Countries in Transition: Gender Rights and Constitutional Reforms - Part 2 - Issues 145-146-147
- Brigitte Chelebian, Trafficking in Human Persons: Law and Practice in Lebanon , Al-Raida Journal: Vol. 42 No. 1 (2018)
- Hala W. Mahmoud, Exploring Identity Changes of Sudanese Refugee Women in Cairo: Liminality and the Frustrating Struggle between Stability and Change , Al-Raida Journal: Arab Refugee Women - Winter/Spring 2008 - Issues 120-121
- Phoebe Farag, Arabs, Copts, Egyptians, Americans: An Exploration of Identity in the Diaspora , Al-Raida Journal: Arab Diaspora Women - Winter/Spring 2007 - Issues 116-117
- Djaouida Lassel, Hirak 2019: A New Year of Struggle for Algerian Feminists , Al-Raida Journal: Vol. 44 No. 1 (2020): Special Issue on Gender and Revolution
- Sara Abdel Ghany , Azza Soliman, Reforming the Egyptian Personal Status Laws. A case for Islamic feminism , Al-Raida Journal: Vol. 44 No. 2 (2020): Islamic Feminism
- Fakhri Hagghani, The “New Woman” of the Interwar Period: Performance, Identity, and Performative Act of Everyday Life in Egypt and Iran , Al-Raida Journal: Women in the Performing Arts - Fall 2008 - Issues 122-123
- Dr. Iman Al-Ghafari, Is There a Lesbian Identity in the Arab Culture? , Al-Raida Journal: Sexuality and Arab Women - Fall 2002- Issue 99
- Annemarie Profanter, Stephanie Ryan Cate, Indigenous Polygyny in Dhofar: (Re-)Interpretations of Individual Options and Daring Delineations , Al-Raida Journal: Vol. 43 No. 1 (2019)
You may also start an advanced similarity search for this article.